Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Bubble Painting

Since E & I had so much success with our first Pinterest inspired craft project we decided to test another.  This one was even messier than the first, which made E love it that much more!

In the spotlight this time?  Painting with bubbles!  This craft was even cheaper than the first.  I had a few mini bottles of bubbles left over from birthday party treat bags and a pile of canvases.  All we needed to get was food colouring.  E chose the neon box and we ended up with day glow pink, green, yellow and blue.  I mixed about 20 drops of color into each bubble bottle.  What can I say?  I like bright and bold colors!

Since this craft can go either way depending on wind and bubble blower coordination I recommend wearing something that you wouldn't mind getting stained.  Just in case!

It was a typically windy day here so I chose the front porch as our creation station.  E had a blast blowing bubbles and creating his masterpiece!  We didn't get any nice, round bubble burst circles but neither of us cared.  This craft was fun, easy and gave us the chance to spend the rest of the day with neon fingertips!

Blowing bubbles onto canvas is "serious" business!

How great are these colors?

I love the final product - very cool!


How cool is this?  I definitely give this craft a 10 out of 10, it's fun, easy, cheap and the results are fantastic!  Together with our two balloon painting canvases (see them here) and our crayon melting canvass (see it here) we are primed to have a gorgeous art wall.  That is of course, if I ever manage to find just the right frames!

Happy Scrapping!  Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment