Thursday, January 10, 2013

Wonderful Moments In Life Layout

Wow!  I'm managing two posts in one day!  This is another layout showcasing all the love in my life.  I'm lucky to have a fabulous best friend that I love like a sister.

I have known my best friend since grade nine.  We've been through so much together, done so much together and grown up side by side.  We've supported each other through the tough teen years, dramatic relationships, growing pains, labour pains, career pursuits and basically every other aspect of life. Of course I had to create a layout to honour our great relationship!


We snapped this picture (as quick as we could!) while having a beach day with the kids.  Since we were at the beach I wanted to keep the palette monochromatic with shades of blue.  At the last minute I added a zesty pop of orange and I love the result!



To mat the photo I cut out individual rectangles from paint chips but decided to leave the paint names on because many of them are aquatic themed names.  I think it adds a nice touch!



I have been in love with embellishments from Tim Holtz for years!  It was a no brainer to use some tokens and a key from his lines as my title.  Plus, the metal accents remind me of treasure you may find washed up on a beach!



Some layered paper flowers give a bit of a tropical vibe and look pretty with the polka dot ribbon.  I found the binder clip at a dollar store and used it to reinforce the date.  That funky orange adds some nice energy!



I don't usually journal in my own handwriting, though I'm trying to more often.  Since this layout is so personal and special to me I knew my own handwriting would fit.  I used staples to attach the ribbon.



Ta-da!  

I have been lucky enough to have my best friend for more than half my life and even though there are three provinces between us right now, she's still my sister from another mister!

Thanks for stopping by!  I always enjoy your comments!

Happy Scrapping!  Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment