Friday, January 11, 2013

Love Mini Album

Let's celebrate it's Friday!  I'm not a huge fan of the phrase TGIF, but this week it's definitely applicable.  I managed to trudge my way to the end of the first week back from holidays.  Thankfully there wasn't a ton of craziness going on at work because the adjustment from sleeping in until I felt like rolling out of bed to getting up at zero dark ridiculous has been rough.  Does anyone know who invented 5:00 am?  I'd like a word with them!

Today I'm sharing a mini album that I put together for J on his birthday a few years ago.  I wanted to capture a handful of wonderful and romantic moments during our relationship thus far.  I hope you stick with me, there are a lot of pictures!


(Cover) Although I wanted a romantic album I also wanted to keep it as masculine as possible since it's for my hubby.  Originally this album was pink, red and white striped.  I used staples to cover the book with grey cardstock.  I kept the pink ribbon that came with the mini to offset the grey.  The two chipboard stickers are from a wedding set.



(Page 1) Featuring a ticket stub from a movie date.  It wasn't our first date but it was our first movie date!  I re purposed a wedding themed sticker and a Valentine's Day metal accent.



(Page 2 & 3) On this date J & I went to a George Canyon concert.  We had a blast!  I used western and cowboy themed elements here. 



(Page 4) Aren't we happy?!  Song lyrics from "One Boy One Girl" by Collin Raye are the perfect way to describe us!  The red trim is Doodlebug and so is the flocked heart brad.  This page was also a great place to use mismatched alphas.



(Page 5) A trip to the Calgary Stampede was fun and a little silly!  More cowboy accents - can you tell we love our western style?



(Page 6 & 7) An amazing trip to Gananoque is one of my favourite romantic memories.  I used travel and postal themed papers paired with bulky rope tied in nautical knots. 



(Page 8 & 9) Boldt Castle (Gananoque) has a terribly romantic history and the boat ride to see it is amazing.  I used a Valentine's Day card with some heart brads to express some thoughts of love.



(Page 10 & 11) A road trip to Pennsylvania and some fun travel stickers make a fun page!



(Page 12 & 13) Having fun at the zoo and having fun using animal print ribbon!



(Page 14) Our family, a love that knows no bounds.


And that's the mini album I made to showcase our love for each other!  This mini was so enjoyable to create and it gave my creative side a chance to go in so many different directions.  I'd love to hear what you think!

Happy Scrapping!  Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment