Thursday, January 10, 2013

Like Father, Like Son Layout

Happy Thursday!  Since Valentine's Day is next month I've been thinking about all the different kids of love and relationships we get to experience in life. It's wonderful to be surrounded by love, in all forms!  This layout is all about showing the bond between father and son, a bond filled with love.

Have you ever played Mario Kart?  Have you ever watched two guys play Mario Kart?  Well if you haven't, I have to tell you that it can be hilarious!  A couple years ago I walked into our living room to find J & E absorbed in battle royale with virtual go karts and plastic steering wheels. Of course I grabbed the camera and started clicking.

I still can't get over how sweet the two of them looked!  I created a two page layout to feature this fun father-son moment and used some upcycling to include unique (and free!) accents.


(Left Page)  I wanted to keep things fresh and simple so this page is clutter free with simple colors.  What caught my eye and inspired this LO was how their hands are in sync and that they both have the same expression!



I cut the letters with Cricut and the arrows are fussy cut from patterned paper (Maybe My Mind's Eye?  I can't remember, if anyone knows please let me know!)



How fun is this crazy Luigi?  He was fussy cut from the Mario Kart instruction booklet!  I love that I could make a cute accent for free!



The title is a Doodlebug sticker and I added the silver brads (also Doodlebug).



Seriously, how cute is this moment?



It's me Mario!  I couldn't have a fussy cut Luigi without a fussy cut Mario.  Have you noticed that Mario and Luigi are turning the same way as my guys?  Pretty cool!



(Right Side)  I also took pictures of the screen to show what they were having so much fun with!



Here's the scoreboard for their race.  I like how all the arrows convey motion.



The Mario Kart cut out is also from the game handbook.  Who doesn't love easy accents?



Here's a screenshot of the mid-race action!

I had a lot of fun both capturing a fantastic male bonding moment and creating this layout.  It's very masculine yet playful, just like my guys!

Thanks for visiting and I'd love to hear your thoughts on my pages or what you're up to in preparation for Valentine's Day!

Happy Scrapping!  Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment