Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy Holidays Card

Happy New Year everyone!  To begin 2013 I'm going to share my very last Christmas card from my stash of card club kits.  I have a pile of kits to work on and keep me busy for awhile (I've fallen behind a bit!) and those will be posted in the future.  This final card is whimsical and fun, the materials were all so bright and cheery I couldn't help but have fun creating it.



Now doesn't this just scream Christmas?



These two green strips were pre-cut so I added some flair by dressing them up using edge scissors.  Sometimes the simplest tools are the best!  



I free cut this tree simply by folding the paper in half and going for it.  Who needs a pattern or a plan?  Not me!  The red holly paper made a great garland.  I like that you can still see the crease in the centre of the tree, I think it gives it a little dimension:)



The small square of leftover holly paper is a fun mat for this plush reindeer!

I love it when a project comes together so simply and without fuss.  Now don't get me wrong, playing with products and getting messy is fun too but it's easy to forget how much of a great time you can have using just the basics!

Happy Scrapping!  Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment