Thursday, January 3, 2013

Explore Layout

I've been busy trying to transition from rich holiday layouts into simple winter projects and Valentine's Day things and let me tell you - it's not easy!  Of course I'll be working on scrapping all of our beautiful Christmas photos, but I don't want to be out of the loop for the next scrap worthy holiday.

In light of my segue attempt I'm going to share a layout straight out of left field! These lovely photos were taken while J, E and I were camping our way back home from a trip to Ontario.  We found a hidden gem of a campsite that was so far off the beaten path I wasn't sure we were ever going to find it!  Needless to say, we eventually got there (with a flat tire on the trailer to boot!) and ended up having a wonderful evening.

After dinner we headed down to the dock and met some very nice people fishing.  They offered E some minnows so he could feed the ducks.  Once J came to join him, they had a great time feeding the ducks together.  The site was amazing, very quiet, secluded, and serene.




I wanted to capture a quiet bonding moment between my husband and son.  I stuck with very outdoorsy colors and themes but didn't go overboard.



I love this picture of E on the dock.  The sun is setting, the water is calm and he looks so captivated by the world.



The owl on this bingo card is what caught my eye to use it.  I added a border of black eyelets with my Crop-A-Dile to give it some dimension and popped it up with foam squares.  The buttons are a nice way to finish it up and tie in the blues and greens from the rest of the layout.



Truly a father son moment to cherish.



The 3 brown journalling spots match my outdoor theme nicely.  I like that the color green is repeated in the ribbon, fish, and button.  The orange buttons give just the right pop of brightness!


Okay, so this really is the furthest layout from Christmas, winter or Valentine's Day and that's why I'm posting it today.  I think this is the kick in the behind that I need to switch gears and get to scrapping!  I hope you enjoyed it and thanks for visiting!

Happy Scrapping!  Candice

2 comments:

  1. Your albums are lovely. I take lots of pictures but we almost never print them - have started to keep online albums instead. Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've thought about online albums but after seeing how easy photo books are to order I think I'm going to start making yearbooks for all the photos I don't scrap. Happy New Year to you & your family too:)

      Delete