Saturday, November 3, 2012

Window Box Card

Hello blog friends!  With all this winter going on I'm desperate for some spring inspired fun!  The card I'm sharing today is made from another card club kit. Just in case I haven't mentioned it before, here's how this super fun club works.  I have a wonderfully generous scrappy friend that puts together neat little kits and sends them out to her members each month.  Inside she includes a card base, a few papers of varying sizes, a few embellishments and an envelope.  The rules for us crafters are to use as much of the materials provided as possible, no adding other items and keep the extras (embossing, punching, altering) to a minimum.  Basically we're making cards with only what's in each kit, scissors, pens, basic punches and glue.

It is so much fun!  Sometimes it's a bit of challenge and other times I'm so inspired by the paper that I know what I want to do right away!  Seeing what each of us comes up with is great too.  It's amazing what a bunch of different ladies using the same products create!

Onto the card.  I wanted to do something simple, pretty and good for any occasion.  Here it is:

The front is very basic but I do love those cute polka dots!



But the window opens to reveal beautiful flowers!



Originally, the stems were all connected (like a vine) as a piece of trim and the flowers were on their own.

I love the final result!  I used the oddly sized brown cardstock to piece together a window box and created some growing flowers with fabric blooms and cut up trim.  I think having a window on the front of a card is a fun switch rather than waiting for the surprise inside.

I'd love to hear what you think and I always appreciate your comments!

Happy Scrapping!  Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment