Saturday, November 17, 2012

A Christmas Past (2007)

Hello again!  My chosen layout from 2007 is all about the Santa Claus Parade! E's daycare picked a few kids to participate in their float and he was one of the lucky ones.  It was precious, all the kids were dressed up as chocolate cookies!  E was thrilled to be in the parade and everyone had a wonderful time.

I wanted this page to have a monochromatic color scheme with a ton of texture.  I stuck with blue, silver and white.  I also included a bunch of different texture:  embossed paper, tinsel pipe cleaners, gem brads and label maker captions.

I adore everything about this page!  From the snowflakes blending in with the title to the fun picture frames.



Initially I hesitated to use white letters on a predominately snowy background, but I like the result.  The title stands out enough to be read without overpowering the page.



Tinsel pipe cleaners were a fun and easy way to bring some bling and texture.  I like the look of keeping the blue on blue and the silver on white.



Here's my little man as a giant chocolate chip cookie, scrumptious!  The shiny flowers looked just like snowflakes to me so they were a nice addition.  The pink one is a nice tiny pop of color.



On the float.  E was having the time of his life!



Back at the daycare we're ready for hot chocolate after a quick slide.

I have to admit that those darn pipe cleaners gave me a bit of a hassle at first but I'm glad I stuck it out.  This is one of my favourite holiday pages not just to look at but to create as well.  (Here's the link to 2004 so you can check out any years you missed!)
Happy Scrapping!  Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment