Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Wintery Snowman Card

Hello hello!  I have been digging up cards like crazy that have been waiting to be posted and today I found a nice generic card for winter.  It's not Christmas-y so I could absolutely use it both before or after the holiday season.

This kit was a bit of a challenge for me because I really liked the scene on the paper and didn't want to cut it up.  After playing around for awhile I figured I would just focus on jazzing up the stamped images.

(Front) See why I didn't want to cut up this pretty paper?  I added ribbon to the bookplate and used Glue Dots to attach it.



(Inside)  Both the birdhouse and snowman came stamped so I fussy cut them and added a little color.  After notching one end of the brown paper I layered it to complete the birdhouse.



(Front)  I'm still deciding if I want to add a short sentiment inside the bookplate.  Maybe I'll leave it empty?  Isn't the red bird cute?



(Inside)  Since I love foam squares I used them to pop up my snowman after giving him a little red detail.  Using the leftover ribbon and a glossy sticker I made a nice ornament for the snowman to carry.

Thanks for visiting!  I'd love to hear what you think about my card!

Happy Scrapping!  Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment