Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Let It Snow Card

Since there's no stopping the onslaught of winter when you live this far north I figure I should embrace it, as best as I can!  While I could do just fine and dandy if the temperature never dipped below 20 I do enjoy the pretty parts of winter.  Mainly when it's snowing.  And I'm watching from the window with a cozy blanket and the heat turned up.

With that in mind, I created another snowman card.  I was thrilled to open this particular kit and find a piece of the same beautiful paper I used in a different card (see it here).  This time I got gutsy and went at that pretty paper, scissors in hand, with relish!  The basic supplies I used (in addition to my kit) were scissors, hole punch, zig zag edge scissors, stapler, glue dots and my overly loved corner rounder.

Check out the result!

(Front)  I fussy cut the snowman and the sentiment.  The snowflake dots were made with a hole punch.



(Inside)  Another fun snowman and a sweet message.  



(Front)  The kit came with 2 black buttons, perfect for a snowman!



(Front)  A cheery title with a sparkly snowflake in place of the "O".



(Inside)  Using zig zag scissors, the felt makes a wonderful scarf that was easily attached with staples.

The more I use this neat, vintage winter themed paper the more I love it!  I guess I can enjoy winter (as long as I'm inside where it's warm and getting my craft on)!

Happy Halloween to all!!  I know it may be early for winter themed cards, especially on the spookiest night of the year, but I just can't help it when my front yard is already covered in snow!

Happy Scrapping!  Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment