Monday, October 29, 2012

Quirky Bird Card

Oh boy do I love birds!  They're just so pretty and cute!  As soon as I opened this card club kit and saw the paper I knew I wanted to create something funky.  The colors and patterns are really unique.  So I put my thinking cap on and finally decided on a pair of quirky birds!

The paper I used for the background is what inspired me for this project.  I love the pattern and the distressing on the edges.  



Each bird is just a square of cardstock with two opposite corners rounded.  I  fussy cut a circle from the main paper for an eye and used ribbon for the tail feathers.  Some quick doodles finished my little bird friend.



To me, the pattern on this bird looks like ripped and wrinkled paper.  I like that both patterns look like they have a ton of texture.  Each cute birdie is popped up with my fave foam squares.

Clearly I have a thing for using my corner rounder and foam squares on cards! It's just an easy way to get creative while still using the basic supplies.  This is one of my favourite cards due to the funky cuteness of these birds!

I always enjoy hearing from you!

Happy Scrapping!  Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment