Friday, October 19, 2012

Purse Charms

Last year I decided to get my creative juices flowing and craft a few gifts for my family.  Even though I haven't tried my hand at jewellery making since I was a kid and stringing beads on neon Gimp, I gave it a shot.

My fabulous Mom and Grandma love bling like I do so custom purse charms were a natural choice.    It wasn't the easiest craft I've tried but I pulled it off.  I used various beads, charms and personal color schemes.  Neutral browns for my Mom and funky greens for my Grandma.  The purse charms were a huge hit and I will continue to practice my jewellery skills.

I love all the little charms!  There's clocks, keys, birdhouses and more!


This is the brown tone charm

This is the green tone charm

I do have a mish mash of odds and ends leftover from making these flashy bits of flair so I may make one for my own purse!  What do you think of them?

Happy Scrapping!  Candice

2 comments:

  1. These are so gorgeous!! The designs are awesome and all the pretty beads and charms you used are fabulous!! I too love bling, and would love to have one of these on my purse!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lisa! Since they're so fun to make, maybe I'll post a tutorial when I make one for myself:) Hope you have a great weekend too!

      Delete