Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Crochet Scarves

I love to crochet!  Currently I can only go in straight lines but I love to crochet nonetheless.  As a child my Grandmother taught me to crochet, or at least she gave it her best shot.  I may not have been the best student!  I've always admired how creative she is and every Christmas she makes us all the most beautiful crochet doilies.  I dropped the hobby until the end of my pregnancy when I realized I wanted to crochet a baby blanket.  Blame it on nesting urges I guess!

Armed with a couple books and a hook from Grandma I slowly figured it out. Now it's years later and I'm still mastering the straight stitch.  To accompany the purse charms for last Christmas I also crocheted scarves for my Mom, Dad, Grandma and Grandpa.  The pictures below are of the scarves for the ladies.  The fiery red blend was made for my Mom as those colors suit her perfectly.  And the very mod ombre green was for my Grandma who adores green.


Don't worry!  I cut the finishing strings before gifting!


To add some flair I made flowers and added buttons - fun!

The manly scarves were very simple, just blue and grey.  They were a holiday favourite and I'm sure the gang looks stylish when the weather gets chilly!

Right now I'm working on some kooky leg warmers for myself.  I know, how 80's of me!  Once finished, they'll definitely keep me warm around the house! And maybe one day I learn how to work in a round, ha!

Happy Scrapping!  Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment