Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sweetheart Card

Hello friends!  Is everyone gearing up for the big day of love?  I've been having a great time creating cards, layouts and crafts.  There's also been a lot of prep going for a fun activity I'm going to do for E.  It's called The 14 Days of Valentine's Day!  I saw this wonderfully fun idea and knew it would be a perfect lead up to the 14th.  Basically I'm going to surprise E with a little treat every day until Valentine's Day.  As I sneak him some fun gifts I'll post each one here!

Let's get to today's card!  I love a nice grid on pretty much everything almost as much as I love bling.  DCWV has a fabulous stack that I've used to create a lot of cards and the patterns are deliciously sweet.  A particular piece caught my eye but it's a tad busy for something small like a card.  I used a square punch to punch out specific images and arranged them in a grid.  So fun!

Supply List -

Card base:  Jo Ann Craft Essentials 5 1/2 x 5 1/2
Paper:  Die Cuts With A View
"Sweetheart" sticker:  Doodlebug
Rhinestone circle:  unknown


There's so much sparkle - love it!  DCWV has the greatest glitter paper!



The DCWV paper I punched the squares from is very nice, but just a little busy.  I added a "Sweetheart" sticker to one of the squares to make it stand out.



Each square has a smaller square of cardstock underneath to pop it up.  Scrap cardstock is a great alternative if you run out of foam squares!



Even though the paper is nice and glittery, when I saw this rhinestone circle just hanging in my stash I couldn't resist.



So pretty even if it makes me want a sweet snack, LOL!

It's nice to make a card that can be given to anyone since the colors are gender neutral and the overall theme isn't too lovey-dovey.  Although the more I look at this card the more I feel the need to go out for a cupcake!

Happy Scrapping!  Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment