Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Father's Day Mini Album (Part 2)

Welcome back for the final instalment of my Father's Day mini album!  If you missed Part 1 you can find it here.  Also, if you missed my Mother's Day Mini Album you can find it here and here.  Let's just jump right in and get to those pictures!


(Page 9: Hanging Out) The metal sticker is from a children themed set (dollar store) and the "inseparable" sticker is from a set that was used a few times in my Mom's album.  The chunky wooden accent adds a playful feel.


(Page 10: Hanging Out More) The "happiness" sticker is from the same set as "inseparable" and the wooden moon pairs with the happy little star on Page 9.  



(Page 11: My First Car) I decided to journal on this page because there is quite the story behind this car.  I love the pink paw print brads!



(Page 12: Being Silly At Christmas) Forever the comedian!  I chose yellow gingham ribbon and yellow cardstock to tie in with his hat.  My Dad is too funny!



(Page 13: The Handshake) Since the colors are fairly dark in this photo I decided to go crazy with funky patterns.  My go to masculine embellishment for attaching is always staples.



(Page 14: Daddy's Little Girl) I played up the "little girl" theme with shades of pink, flower brads (Doodlebug) and pretty ribbon.



(Page 15: Christmas) Dimensional stickers and a dollar store paperclip.  Do I shop at the dollar store too much?



(Page 16: Air Show and Military Appreciation Day) Red accents and ribbon trim kept up the Support Our Troops theme here.  



(Page 17: Dad's Racecar In A Show) Another opportunity to use my racing paper, I jazzed it up with paw print stickers, a hi-lighter and a brad.



(Page 18: Military Career, so far) I wanted to end each album with the same picture to maintain consistency.  It was also a second chance to re purpose more of the military accents I had.  Tokens from Tim Holtz and chain from my first set of dog tags.


I wanted to begin and close each mini album with the same photos to show that the relationship I have with each of my parents is so important and that the bonds we have as a family are just as vital.  These were possibly the best and most heartfelt gifts I have ever given my parents and they were very well received.

Thank you for stopping in to share these memories with me!  I would love to hear your feedback on these projects!

Happy Scrapping!  Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment