Sunday, November 25, 2012

A Christmas Past 2008 (Part 1)

Whew!  What a ride this past week has been!  I can't believe we're only a month away from Christmas and I have never been this behind in preparations.  This is week two of J being away and I think everything has finally caught up to me.

If you can believe it I am currently in the middle of decorating for the holidays, creating all my handmade gifts, designing our holiday card, running the house, working and recovering from a nasty slip last week that left me with a sprained back!  Holy cow I'm exhausted just typing that!  Sometimes I may put a little too much on my plate.  Maybe a bit.

Either way, let's get to another fun layout from a Christmas past shall we? This is part one of six from 2008.  That year was a big Christmas for us as it was the last holiday with our family before being posted out into the middle of nowhere.  And what better way to start than with a delightful school concert!

I adore these pictures of E!  At the time my camera was terrible so unfortunately, I was only able to scrounge a few usable pictures from the blurry bunch.  This was when I really started using brown craft paper more and experimenting with combining lots of crazy patterns.



That argyle sweater vest is killing me with cuteness!  I found that small silver frame at a dollar store and figured one of those darling snowmen deserved to be featured.



This tassel came from a gift bag and makes a great accent!  Look at E just belting out the Christmas carols!



I love the cream colored rub-on!



I cut the title on my Cricut with the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge.

That was the beginning of our 2008 Christmas, I hope you enjoyed it!  Every year I look forward to seeing E sing in the school concert, it's one of my favourite holiday traditions.  I'd love to hear what some of your favourite traditions are!

Happy Scrapping!  Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment