Monday, November 28, 2011

Caution! Cards In Progress!

I have been a great big procrastinator this year when it comes to Christmas.  I only started shopping a couple weeks ago.  I've only finished two of many handmade gifts.  I've made nothing new to decorate the house, hell I haven't even dug the decorations out of the basement yet!

But tonight I put the procrastinator in me to bed and got down to some Christmas card business.  Stage one,  "Baking & Decorating", has been completed.  Stage two, "Now I'm Craving Gingerbread Cookies" is scheduled for tomorrow.  (I'm giggling so hard right now!)

Last week one of the carts I got in the mail was Gingerbread.  It is adorable!  As soon as I saw the images I knew I wanted to do gingerbread men cards.  So far they're coming along great!

Check out "Baking & Decorating" in action!

Using my trusty Gypsy I was able to squeeze 20 of these guys (3") on a single sheet.  What did I ever do without the G?

Each one is outlined in liquid pearls.  At first I was a little mad at myself that the lines weren't even & perfect.  Then I realized that baking real gingerbread men is never perfect!  Now the more I see the "imperfections" the more I love them :)  I think they look like they were "iced" with love.

Now everyone has eyelets (gold, green, white, red & blue).  I seriously think I may have a repetitive stress injury from so much Crop-A-Dile use!

After the eyelet treatment I figured everyone needed a face.  Still can't believe I forgot that the first time I had the liquid pearls out! (Facepalm!)

These are the background papers my cute gingerbread men are going to sit on.  They're cut slightly smaller than a standard card size to show a little white border.

Recipe:
Cricut Gingerbread Cart - Gingerbread man cut at 3" using Gypsy to cram them all in!
Brown cardstock x 1 sheet (12 x 12)
Ranger Liquid Pearls in Opal White
Making Memories eyelets, multi colored
Crop-A-Dile (my hand is still sore!)
Striped Paper (unknown) x 2 sheets (12 x 12)  Cut to 3.5" x 5"
Ornament Paper (unknown) x 2 sheets (12 x 12)  Cut to 3.5" x 5"

All I need to do now is assemble, stamp my sentiment and we're good to go!  Come by tomorrow to see the final result of the "Now I'm Craving Gingerbread Cookies"!  Thanks for visiting!

Happy Scrapping!
         

No comments:

Post a Comment